We are hiring!
Senior Archive Officer (Permanent/2-Year Contract)
Preserving the past to forge the future – we are looking for a high calibre professional to join the Archives team of The Hong Kong Heritage Project. Reporting to the Head of Archives, the successful candidate will be responsible for the job duties as listed below.
- Manage archives management system, website and enhance their content to improve access to the archival collections.
- Plan and curate content for social media platforms and thematic exhibitions to promote the collections and their value to the wider community.
- Coordinate and conduct stakeholder engagement tours to promote the archive and its collections.
- Develop expert collections knowledge in designated and wider subject areas, and support history research for various Kadoorie companies.
- Provide archive services, including answering enquiries from researchers and other prospective archive users, offering reference service, scheduling user appointments, and supervising use of reading room.
- Support acquisition, arrangement, description and other day-to-day collections and exhibits management.
- Conduct oral history interviews on need basis and manage subsequent post-productions.
- Undertake preservation activities and digitisation as required, manage the outsourced conservation treatment of individual items.
- Support activities to promote corporate and community history as well as stakeholders relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree holder, post-graduate qualifications in Archives Management and/or related disciplines such as Records Management a definite asset.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience with at least one year working or volunteering in archives or heritage institutions.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong history and enthusiasm in heritage preservation.
- Good understanding of related legislation, standards and best practice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well versed in MS Office (Chinese and English). Knowledge and interest in digital archives and technology are preferable.
- Well-developed time management skills, sense of priority and service manner.
- Proactive, well-organised, detail-minded, independent, and a fast learner who can work under pressure and in a team environment.
- An ability to move moderate weight and access archive shelving at all levels.
- Willing to work outside normal hours and on weekends, if deemed necessary.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Archive Officer.
For details and application, please click here. Please provide your detailed C.V., including academic qualification, career history, current and expected salary, major achievements, and personal attributes on or before 3 July 2023.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: https://clp.to/engPICS