147 Argyle Street and Kadoorie Hill
Hongkong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. acquired a site of Kadoorie Hill and Argyle Street totalling 1.33m sq. ft. in a public auction in 1931. The development scheme provided for the building of a modern subsurb of detached and semi-detached houses with gardens and wide-approaching roads. The scheme was the largest of its kind to be carried out in Kowloon by private enterprise at that time.